Filename which contains $ renaming with %24" in App-v package RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

Application filename get renamed if filename contains with $ in App-V package.. Provided path and filenames below

For: eg:  If file name is Application$1.class are getting renamed with Application%241.class in App-V package. 

C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenSpirit\v4.1\v4.1\desktop\Windows_x86_32_win32\plugins\com.openspirit.rcp.dataselector_1.1.0.v4_1_0_342\com\openspirit\rcp\dataselector\preferences\DataSelectorPreferencePage$1.class

C:\Apps\A\Root\VFS\ProgramFilesX86\<applicationame>\v4.1\v4.1\desktop\Windows_x86_64_win32\plugins\com.openspirit.rcp.dataselector_1.1.0.v4_1_0_342\com\openspirit\rcp\dataselector\preferences\DataSelectorPreferencePage%241.class

Tried with PVAD and without PVAD.. Both resulting the same.

Please advise\ suggestions to overcome the issue?

Regards,

Manju

Sunday, November 29, 2015 6:09 PM

Answers

• Whats the use case / issue? The same will happen if you for instance have a file with a space in it, like:
    "test test.txt"... If you open the appv file with 7-zip, it will show you "test%20test.txt"
    • Marked as answer by mysoremanju Monday, November 30, 2015 7:17 PM
    Monday, November 30, 2015 3:42 PM

All replies

• Hello,

If application file name contains  $ symbol. Sequenced package will be replaced with %24 in place of $..

For EG: Application$1.class are getting deployed with Application%241.class in App-V package. 

Regards,

Manju

Sunday, November 29, 2015 6:25 PM
  • I would open a support case with Microsoft. This sounds like a bug.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Sunday, November 29, 2015 9:32 PM
  • Hi Vigneshwaran,

When application published it is coming with $ with proper name.

But when we extract the files by renaming .appv to .ZIP. the filenames comes with %24. During publishing it uses some encoder to replace %24 to $ symbol..

Regards,

Manju

Monday, November 30, 2015 10:10 AM
  • Interesting. I will give a try in my test lab.

(Please click on "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", if it has helped you.)

app2pack.blogspot.com: app2pack.blogspot.com

Monday, November 30, 2015 11:34 AM
  • Whats the use case / issue? The same will happen if you for instance have a file with a space in it, like:
    "test test.txt"... If you open the appv file with 7-zip, it will show you "test%20test.txt"
    • Marked as answer by mysoremanju Monday, November 30, 2015 7:17 PM
    Monday, November 30, 2015 3:42 PM
  • Hi Tiberivs,

Initially thought it was an issue. But later found out extraction from .appv file will come with %24 ...

Could you please provide some more information why extracted files comes with %24 for $?

Regards,

Manju

Monday, November 30, 2015 7:23 PM