Do Not Forward RMS template RRS feed

• Question

• I know that there is no way to rename the Do Not Forward template (correct me if I am wrong). But is there a way to create an exactly same template with a different name. The reason we want a different name is that users need the same functionality but want to call the template "Encrypt". I tried creating an RMS template but the only thing i am missing is that when an email created using the Encrypt template, the reply is not automatically using the same template as the sender. To make it clear, when I create an email using DNF and send it to user B. When he presses reply, the permissions tab is disabled and the reply is also encrypted with the DNF template. Where as it is not the case in my custom created Encrypt template. The person replying will have to go and select the Encrypt template again.

Can any one help?

Thanks.

Thursday, October 24, 2013 9:07 PM

All replies

• Use the local Template Administrators group to delegate the rights to manage rights policy templates.  Create a corresponding universal security group in Active Directory and add that group to the local Template Administrators group on each server in your AD RMS cluster.

When creating a rights policy template, you can define the template name and description in multiple languages.  This allows the name and description to appear in the user's native language.

When specifying the users and groups that will have rights over content protected by the created template, you can use anyone to grant permissions to all authenticated users.  This means that any user with a valid rights account certificate (RAC) will have the permissions specified.  However, we recommend that you create an all company group in Active Directory instead, especially if you have a federated environment or if there is a trust relationship with another company.

When specifying the rights that users will have, remember that permissions are cumulative.   The Rights Summary will report the rights as you have specified them, not the effective permissions.

As long as the user works with the same Windows account and there is no major change (such as the switch to Mode-2) on the AD RMS cluster, the creator can always open his Office documents with full rights. The default setting of templates ensures that this also applies to protected XPS documents and also after a switch to Mode-2 on the AD RMS Cluster. But you can turn off this feature by by clearing the 'Grant owner (author) full control right with no exception' option in the Add User Rights step when creating or editing the template - in this case e.g. the creator of a protected XPS document can't change the rights of it afterwards.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Anand Shankar

Monday, October 28, 2013 5:49 AM