When typing in text, cursor suddely shitfs position. RRS feed

• Question

• When I type quickly into text editor for example notepad, every few seconds or so the cursor jumps to another location and my keyboard input winds up in the wrong place, or the window looses focus entirely. It happens while typing email into aol.com, and other editors as well.

It makes it difficult to do any writing longer than paragraph. I wonder if anyone else experienced this. I tried to search for this problem, but didn't find anything about it.

This happens with Norton and also when I use McAfee.
    • Edited by ElectricJ Sunday, June 28, 2009 6:23 PM
    Sunday, June 28, 2009 4:54 PM

Answers

• either you have a key logger worm,, which i doubt,,, or you just simply forgot to turn of your touch pad if you are using a  laptop XD
    • Marked as answer by Nick FV Sunday, June 28, 2009 10:11 PM
    Sunday, June 28, 2009 7:59 PM

All replies

• either you have a key logger worm,, which i doubt,,, or you just simply forgot to turn of your touch pad if you are using a  laptop XD
    • Marked as answer by Nick FV Sunday, June 28, 2009 10:11 PM
    Sunday, June 28, 2009 7:59 PM
  • Turning off the touch pad and switching to mouse seems to have done the trick. Thanks, gokuchan.
    Sunday, June 28, 2009 8:11 PM
  • ElectricJ:

Sometimes touchpad drivers have the ability to ignore "accidental" touches when typing. It sounds like the drivers you were using for your touchpad don't support that. Though your solution for the moment seems good, I would check again for new touchpad drivers once Windows 7 final is released in October to see if they offer this feature.

-Nick
    Sunday, June 28, 2009 10:13 PM
  • I had that same annoyance on my laptop.  This tiny download helped.
    http://code.google.com/p/touchfreeze/

Cheers, PW.
    Monday, June 29, 2009 1:12 PM