Several BSoD on new build Win7 RRS feed

• Question

• I've gotten 5 BSoDs today while simply being on Firefox. It's been rather random when I do get them. This systems only been built for less than a week now. I've uploaded the dmp files and System info.

http://cid-74b20fcecbe1aa49.skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?resid=74B20FCECBE1AA49!106&Bpub=SDX.Docs&Bsrc=GetSharingLink

I've ran a chkdsk once and it seemed to be fine but I'll run it again for safe measure. I'll also try testing the memory if that's related to my BSODs. I appreciate any help from anyone provides.

Thursday, July 15, 2010 12:52 AM

Answers

• Hi Alex,

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50) - This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.

WinDbg still say memory corruption:

CODE_CORRUPTION

CHKIMG_EXTENSION: !chkimg -lo 50 -db !win32k
    223 errors : !win32k (fffff96000070042-fffff96000070ffa)

IMAGE_NAME:  memory_corruption

FOLLOWUP_NAME:  memory_corruption

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  0

MEMORY_CORRUPTOR:  STRIDE

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_MEMORY_CORRUPTION_STRIDE

BUCKET_ID:  X64_MEMORY_CORRUPTION_STRIDE

Followup: memory_corruption

the CHKIMG_EXTENSION reports 223 errors. The cause of the crash is your RAM! Do you have other RAM modules for testing? Do you have an other mainboard to test? 1 of those 2 components is damaged.

André

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    • Marked as answer by Alex3063 Saturday, July 24, 2010 9:05 PM
    Friday, July 16, 2010 10:23 PM

All replies

• Hi, you have different Bugchecks with 1 thing in common: memory corruption.

So it looks like your RAM is damaged. Please download memtest86+ [1], burn a new bootable CD from the ISO, reboot your PC and scan your RAM 4-5hours for errors.

André

[1] http://www.memtest.org/download/4.10/memtest86+-4.10.iso.zip

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    Thursday, July 15, 2010 11:58 AM
  • I've ran the memory test 3 times and it never gave me any errors. And so far I haven't hit another BSoD since the first 5 that I had.

So is this the cause of my RAM still even though there were no errors reported?

Friday, July 16, 2010 4:12 AM
  • Since Windows system uses separated user mode and kernel mode memory space, stop errors are always caused by kernel portion components, such as a third-party device drivers, backup software or anti-virus services (buggy services).

The system goes to a BSOD because there is some exceptions happened in the kernel (either the device driver errors or the service errors), and Windows implements this mechanism: When it detects some errors occur in the kernel, it will kill the box in case some more severe damage happens. Then we get a blue screen or the system reboots (it depends on what the system settings are).

To troubleshoot this kind of kernel crash issue, we need to debug the crashed system dump. Unfortunately, debugging is beyond what we can do in the forum. A suggestion would be to contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS) via telephone so that a dedicated Support Professional can assist with your request. Please be advised that contacting phone support will be a charged call.

To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below:

Microsoft - Help and Support

If you are outside the US please see Microsoft Worldwide Home for regional support phone numbers.

Meantime we can try some available steps as a general troubleshoot.

1. Please remove the antivirus and run the system with a period. If the issue does not occur, mainly focus on antivirus settings and compatibility. 
    2. Temporary disable your wireless network adapter and check the result. If the issue does not occur, please try to find Windows 7 compatible drivers from Internet and install.
    3. Temporary disable or unplug all USB devices, then check the result. If the issue does not occur, update drivers for them.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, July 16, 2010 8:18 AM
  • I've uploaded 2 more dmp files. One of them had occured a few hours after I uninstalled Microsoft Security Essentials.

I'm not using wireless as I'm plugged in with an ethernet and the only USB device connected to my computer is a Microsoft mouse.

I can play games perfectly fine and put load on computer without having any problems. So the BSOD seems to appear extremely randomly. Could this be a driver issue with my motherboard in some way?

Friday, July 16, 2010 9:25 PM
  • Hi Alex,

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50) - This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.

WinDbg still say memory corruption:

CODE_CORRUPTION

CHKIMG_EXTENSION: !chkimg -lo 50 -db !win32k
    223 errors : !win32k (fffff96000070042-fffff96000070ffa)

IMAGE_NAME:  memory_corruption

FOLLOWUP_NAME:  memory_corruption

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  0

MEMORY_CORRUPTOR:  STRIDE

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_MEMORY_CORRUPTION_STRIDE

BUCKET_ID:  X64_MEMORY_CORRUPTION_STRIDE

Followup: memory_corruption

the CHKIMG_EXTENSION reports 223 errors. The cause of the crash is your RAM! Do you have other RAM modules for testing? Do you have an other mainboard to test? 1 of those 2 components is damaged.

André

• Marked as answer by Alex3063 Saturday, July 24, 2010 9:05 PM
    Friday, July 16, 2010 10:23 PM
  • In that case, I'll look into returning my RAM. I do have other RAM modules for testing so I'll stick those in and see if any problems occur still.

Thanks Andre. I appreciate the help.

Saturday, July 17, 2010 4:11 PM
  • I swapped my original ram with brand new modules of RAM that are faster than my original pair. I still encountered memory corruption stop errors. I then changed to a new HDD and reinstalled windows 7 from the ground up, but while doing that I ran into file corruption errors. I then switched the ram back to my original pair and the install worked perfectly. But after the clean install of windows, I ran into a blue screen after leaving my computer idle for half an hour.

I just finished updating my BIOS and I'll see how it runs now. I'm back to using the original RAM.

Sunday, July 18, 2010 7:50 PM
  • Maybe a RAM slot of your mainbaord is damaged. Which board do you use?
    Sunday, July 18, 2010 8:37 PM
  • I'm using a MSI P55-GD65. The BIOS update was from 1.6 to 1.9.

Sunday, July 18, 2010 9:38 PM
  • Since the Bios update, I've gotten only 2 BSODs. Both happened while I was away and my computer was sitting idle.

I uploaded those 2 dump files.

Monday, July 19, 2010 7:24 PM
  • The latest dumps say that MSE is involved. Are you using the latest Microsoft Security Essentials version?

Monday, July 19, 2010 7:36 PM
  • It should have been up to date, I ran the upgrade/update options and there were no updates. I'll uninstall it for the time being and see how the computer continues to run.

I've also gotten a couple of computer freezes. These seem to happen when I have Firefox open with two or more online videos loaded.

Monday, July 19, 2010 11:11 PM