Taskbar RRS feed

• Question

• I like to autohide my taskbar.  So, when I do this in Win 7 the taskbar pops up every minute or so on its own.  I have shut down all applications and just watched.  It pops up and then goes down a second or two later.  This is constant and very annoying.  Any thoughts on how to stop this from happening?

Thanks
    Monday, October 12, 2009 7:34 PM

Answers

• Well I think I found the answer to this little problem.  The Action Center.

When I go in and disable all of the alerts the taskbar stops popping up.  I know this may not be a recomended configuration but that is the only way I was able to stop this behavior.  I suppose I could go in and turn messages on one at a time and see what happens but I do not need this level of monitoring at work.

Cheers
    B
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Friday, October 30, 2009 3:02 AM
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 6:44 PM

All replies

• Hi B_Keller,

It is possible certain software is activating the Taskbar. Let's check if the issue occurs in Clean Boot. If the issue disappears in the Clean Boot environment, we can use a 50/50 approach to quickly narrow down which entry is causing the issue.

If the issue occurs in this mode, please test in a new user account. What is the result?

In addition, test the issue with another mouse. If there is any touchpad available, temporary disable it to check the result.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Monday, October 19, 2009 2:20 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by B_Keller Thursday, October 29, 2009 8:08 PM
    Tuesday, October 13, 2009 7:23 AM
  • Well I think I found the answer to this little problem.  The Action Center.

When I go in and disable all of the alerts the taskbar stops popping up.  I know this may not be a recomended configuration but that is the only way I was able to stop this behavior.  I suppose I could go in and turn messages on one at a time and see what happens but I do not need this level of monitoring at work.

Cheers
    B
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Friday, October 30, 2009 3:02 AM
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 6:44 PM