none
Create Group policy

Question

• Hi 

we create new 2 group policy in win 2008 r2 server 

1 Prevents users from using Add or Remove Programs. i want my client pcs (win7 winxp) not able to install or uninstall softwares.

2 Ability to enable /Dsable lan connection    want client side no any one able to do any changes network 

i configure both policy and set disable and add 2 users in this policy bt both users still able to access this changes 

what i do wrong please suggest

Friday, October 16, 2015 11:28 AM

Answers

All replies

• pls suggest
    Saturday, October 17, 2015 7:40 AM
  • i configure both policy and set disable and add 2 users in this policy

How exactly did you perform this? Please share more details on how you applied the specific GPO.

These two settings are under User Configuration in GPMC, try to link the GPO that contains these two settings to a container (e.g. Organization Unit) which contains these two users. Run "Gpupdate /force", log off the user account, then verify again.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, October 19, 2015 5:53 AM
  • hi create new 2 gpo

exm create new gpo network seeting disabled

again select that gpo edit

go user configuration-Administrative Temp-network-network connection -ability to enable disable lan connection i do disable user not able to do netwrk seetings.

again select that gpo network seeting -security filtering we add the users whose i want do disable

again run gpupdate/force bt client site policy nt applay its working client site win7 os

Monday, October 19, 2015 11:08 AM
  • hi create new 2 gpo

exm create new gpo network seeting disabled

again select that gpo edit

go user configuration-Administrative Temp-network-network connection -ability to enable disable lan connection i do disable one time testing purpose i do enable also but user not able to do netwrk seetings.

again select that gpo network seeting -security filtering we add the users whose i want do disable

again run gpupdate/force bt client site policy nt applay its working client site win7 os

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 5:03 AM
  • again select that gpo network seeting -security filtering we add the users whose i want do disable

Simply add the users into the Security Filtering list of the GPO will not apply the settings. As mentioned above, you should also link the GPO to a container (e.g. Organization Unit) which contains these two users.

Check this TechNet for how to link a Group Policy object to a site, domain, or organizational unit:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc738954(v=ws.10).aspx

Also, please take a look at this Step-by-Step guide for more information about Group Policy Feature:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb742376.aspx

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 5:23 AM
  • Dear Sir i add one new ou and enable link group policy bt still same issue

any thing more need to do

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 6:18 AM
  • Hi,

Are these users reside in this new OU? Group Policy will only apply the GPO’s settings to the computers and users in that OU.

You might want to take a look at this article for an overview of Group Policy:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh147307(v=ws.10).aspx

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Thursday, October 22, 2015 4:48 AM

• i configure both policy and set disable and add 2 users in this policy bt both users still able to access this changes 

what i do wrong please suggest

Hi. You set it disable and it means these policies will not be an active. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Sincerely!

Khalid Garayev

* Please don't forget to mark as answer or Vote if it helps!

Thursday, October 22, 2015 4:59 AM
  • Step by step configuration for you.

1) To apply GPO only for Win7 and Win XP you need to create WMI filter for these version OS:

Sincerely!

Khalid Garayev

Thursday, October 22, 2015 5:56 AM
  • And here is the configuration for LAN settings. You want to apply it to only specified users and need only to configure Security filter

Sincerely!

Khalid Garayev

Thursday, October 22, 2015 6:08 AM