Install a KB on a particular machines RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Team,

I have a KB article and want to install that KB on the particular computer and no. of computer size is huge so how can i install that KB in the particular computers?. I don't want to create any group. is there any option...?

And if we move a computer in two group. Does it affect it. like new added computer shows in unassigned group and i move that computer according their hostname and if i want to deploy KB in particular computer then can i move that computer in two group.

Tushar Bhardwaj

Friday, July 7, 2017 7:01 AM

Answers

• And if i approve that update only for 1 group that in that case it will be deploy...?

Yes.

and if the computer is showing in Two group and i delete one group then Computer A will be shown in another group?

If you delete the group then Computer A will still show in other group.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 10, 2017 7:24 AM
  • When the next synchronization.

Your environment should be 5 AM.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 10, 2017 8:57 AM
  • Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 for Windows 7 (KB2858725)

http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=Microsoft%20.NET%20Framework%204.5.1%20

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 2:11 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can't push install updates, you could approve the updates for client computers in the group. Computers in the group will contact the WSUS server over the next 24 hours.

Per your requirement, the best solution is move the particular computer to one group in general.

If computerA is assigned to two groups, and Update1 is approved for both groups, it will be deployed only once.

For more information, please review the link below:

Managing WSUS Client computers and WSUS computer Groups

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/administration/windows-server-update-services/manage/managing-wsus-client-computers-and-wsus-computer-groups

Add Multiple computers to an WSUS Group

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/Add-Multiple-computers-to-d3ed7e1b

Monday, July 10, 2017 3:14 AM
  • Dear Xin,

Thanks for reply.

And if i approve that update only for 1 group that in that case it will be deploy...?

and if the computer is showing in Two group and i delete one group then Computer A will be shown in another group?

Tushar Bhardwaj

Monday, July 10, 2017 6:37 AM
  • And if i approve that update only for 1 group that in that case it will be deploy...?

Yes.

If you delete the group then Computer A will still show in other group.

Monday, July 10, 2017 7:24 AM
  • Dear Xin,

If i do changes like in Product and classification option in upstream Wsus server console, then in how many time it will reflect on the downstream server?

My server have synchronisation timing is 5 AM with upstream server.

Tushar Bhardwaj

Monday, July 10, 2017 8:33 AM
  • When the next synchronization.

Your environment should be 5 AM.

Monday, July 10, 2017 8:57 AM
  • Dear Xin,

Thanks for reply

Yes i have set it as 5 AM.. 

Dear I want to deploy.Net Framework 4.5.1 for windows 7 through WSUS but i am little bit confuse about which KB article i have to deploy through WSUS. Please confirm me KB Article No. once please.

Tushar Bhardwaj

Monday, July 10, 2017 10:44 AM
  • Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 for Windows 7 (KB2858725)

http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=Microsoft%20.NET%20Framework%204.5.1%20

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 2:11 AM
  • Thank Xin,

It was very helpful. I deployed the KB2858725. But it was not showing on the downstream server and so i had to  coordinated with upstream server team and i deployed this KB article. :)

Tushar Bhardwaj

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 7:25 AM