Outlook 2016, change from pop to imap RRS feed

• Question

• I am with Sky yahoo e mail and need to change the settings from pop to imap to receive emails but there doesn't appear to be a way to change Pop to Imap. Sky suggest contacting Microsoft  " You'll need to speak to Microsoft or Outlook Support to set up your email with Outlook 2016.Ask them to enable Open Authentication on Outlook 2016. However someone has already done this and Microsoft didn't know what they were talking about ? Can anyone help ?
    Thursday, November 7, 2019 2:43 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you mean that you'd like to configure your account on Outlook client as IMAP account? I'm afraid there is no such way to directly change POP to IAMP, you can remove your POP account and recofigure it as IMAP account. 

1. In your Outlook, click File > Add Account.
    2. Type your email address and select Advanced options > Let me set up my account manually > Connect.
    3. Then select IMAP.
    4. Then just enter your incoming and outgoing server and port. For your reference: Add an email account to Outlook.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 8, 2019 2:44 AM
  • Thanks for the reply. I had high hopes but it would not accept the settings given by Sky for setting up the account. I think its something to do with the version of outlook I have. I will update it in due course and just log on my e mails on the Sky page until then. Thanks for trying 
    Friday, November 8, 2019 5:46 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

>> but it would not accept the settings given by Sky for setting up the account. 

Is there any detailed error message when the issue occurs? 

In this case, if possible, please try configuring your email account on another computer(Outlook) and see if there is any difference. We need to check if this is a server issue or a client issue.

Besides, please make sure you have enable IMAP for your email account on the web mail.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 11, 2019 9:16 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

Please try my suggestions and let me know the results.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Thursday, November 14, 2019 9:04 AM
  • Hi,

Here I will provide a brief summary of this post for your information. This will make answer searching in the forum easier!

Request/Expectation:

Outlook 2016, change from pop to imap

Solution Summary:

In this case, if possible, please try configuring your email account on another computer(Outlook) and see if there is any difference. We need to check if this is a server issue or a client issue.

Besides, please make sure you have enable IMAP for your email account on the web mail.

Reference Links:

No.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 8:36 AM