Windows 7 Making Quick Lauch Shortcut after Installation RRS feed

• Question

• Whenever I install something , It will create the Desktop Shortcut but not the QLauch ;
    Is this a bug or it simply won't allow to create it .

Waiting for a reply .

For instance I have installed a Nero Demo version and at the end I left ticked the Make QL shortcut but nothing happened .
    Beside .. I have installed Firefox 3.5.1 and it worked .. I'm confused
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 6:19 PM

Answers

• So all you are doing is right clicking the Taskbar and making up a quick launch toolbar from a random folder.

The problem with that is when you do that, you use a folder other than where Quick Launch shortcuts are stored so the installer puts the Quick Launch shortcuts in the Quick Launch folder that has always been used, but you are using another folder so the new shortcuts wont show up.

Solution :
    This link below shows you how to make a toolbar using the normal Quick Launch folder. (not surprisingly it is located in IE's appdata)

http://hubpages.com/hub/Windows_7_-_Quick_Launch

Hello! Please try every solution given to your problem...and reply back with its results...

- JoelbX
    • Proposed as answer by JoelbX Thursday, July 23, 2009 10:09 PM
    • Marked as answer by Robinson Zhang Friday, July 24, 2009 6:54 AM
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 10:08 PM

All replies

• Are you saying you are trying to access the quick launch?

Hello! Please try every solution given to your problem...and reply back with its results...

- JoelbX
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 6:50 PM
  • Because there is no Quick Launch, right click task bar & Create new toolbar (calling it My Toolbar, Quick Launch whatever), and drag shortcuts into it. You can get rid of wording with right click so only icons show. 

I put shortcut there to network adapter to enable/disable, check status with icon right click, also icon shortcut to C:\Users\??\AppData\Local\Temp for cleanup - change icon to Recycle etc. & whatever else I don't need to Aero Peek) that is on left side of task bar. 

From whereever it is created, it's another item to backup/save with contacts faves, pictures & music 
    so that you got it on restore without having to recreate.    
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 8:27 PM
  • So all you are doing is right clicking the Taskbar and making up a quick launch toolbar from a random folder.

The problem with that is when you do that, you use a folder other than where Quick Launch shortcuts are stored so the installer puts the Quick Launch shortcuts in the Quick Launch folder that has always been used, but you are using another folder so the new shortcuts wont show up.

Solution :
    This link below shows you how to make a toolbar using the normal Quick Launch folder. (not surprisingly it is located in IE's appdata)

http://hubpages.com/hub/Windows_7_-_Quick_Launch

- JoelbX
    • Proposed as answer by JoelbX Thursday, July 23, 2009 10:09 PM
    • Marked as answer by Robinson Zhang Friday, July 24, 2009 6:54 AM
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 10:08 PM
  • I have tried again , even did a clean reinstall of Windows 7 and the problem seems to be only on elder products not on new ones For instance Nero 9 ;

Solved , thanks guys .
    Sunday, July 26, 2009 11:42 AM