none
disable yahoo toolbar RRS feed

• Question

• Yahoo toolbar is automatically get installed in my IE 9. Please help me how we can uninstall and block poping up in IE. 
    Thursday, March 5, 2015 7:54 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Windows update won't install these add-ons for Internet Explorer. Please tell us which update was installed by you?

Firstly, I suggest you use your anti-virus to scan the whole computer.

And then, follow these steps:

1. Click the Tools button, and then click Manage Add-ons.

2. Under Show, click all add-ons.

3. Click the add-on you want to delete, and then click More information.

4. In the More Information dialog box, click Remove.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 6, 2015 9:02 AM

All replies

• After installing patches from wsus my explorer are getting add ons installed automatically like yahoo toolbar, ask.com. To avoid such add on to install please help me to know is there any specific updates which we need to avoid from installation.
    Thursday, March 5, 2015 10:24 AM
  • Hi,

Windows update won't install these add-ons for Internet Explorer. Please tell us which update was installed by you?

Firstly, I suggest you use your anti-virus to scan the whole computer.

And then, follow these steps:

1. Click the Tools button, and then click Manage Add-ons.

2. Under Show, click all add-ons.

3. Click the add-on you want to delete, and then click More information.

4. In the More Information dialog box, click Remove.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 6, 2015 9:02 AM
  • When I try the above method to remove the toolbar in my IE it does not work because the Remove button is disabled. I found another solution for this Please see this thread: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d90416ef-b65d-4a19-b720-30126bfc249e/i-cant-remove-yahoo-toolbar?forum=ieitprocurrentver

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question.

Thursday, May 14, 2015 7:02 AM