TEXT INPUT PANEL LAG RRS feed

• Question

• I know this is an issue for other users but yet to find a solution.  I have a lenovo X201 with 6 gig ram and SSD HD and multitouch screen with 7 professional.

I use the TIP for word, one-note and non-MS programs.

The problem is lag: after a minute of using the TIP it develops about a 10 second lag for recognising pen input and will eventually seize up altogether.  Input eventually gets transcribed but is inevitably wrong.  This renders the TIP unusable for me.  I have turned off every option (pen sensitivity, handwriting recognition etc) to no avail.  Updated every driver I could.  No help.  A reboot fixes the problem for a few minutes then back to square 1.

Have been trawling the net trying to find a solution that a casual user can understand and implement.

Anyone...PLEASE HELP or this will be my last tablet PC (I have had 4 so far with XP, VISTA and 7 and frankly none have lived up to the promise)

Cheers

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 10:12 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on your description, this issue may be related to software conflictions. When you start Windows by using a normal startup, several applications and services start automatically, and then run in the background. These programs include basic system processes, antivirus software, system utility applications, and other software that has been previously installed. These applications and services can cause interference when you install or run a program.

Firstly, please download Windows 7 compatible driver for the tablet input panel.

And  you could disable the auto-start programs, then see how it works.

If the issue persists, I suggest you perform a Clean Boot.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Cloud_TS Friday, October 8, 2010 2:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Friday, October 8, 2010 8:13 AM
    Tuesday, October 5, 2010 9:13 AM