none
Windows Update via MDT - Exclude Feature Updates

Question

• Hello,

Is there anyway to configure an MDT task sequence to only install security updates without packaging up the WSU files? There's no WSUS available on the network, so MDT TS connects directory to Windows Update so will be using the steps 'Windows Update (Pre-Application Installation) etc.

Thanks

Wednesday, July 11, 2018 3:22 PM

All replies

• Could you clarify? I am a bit unsure what you are trying to achive: are you talking about offline servicing, excluding KBs? Are we talking about Windows 7, 8 or 10?

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

Friday, July 13, 2018 6:28 AM
  • Hi Anton.

Windows 10 deployment via MDT, within the task sequence I've enabled the steps to install Windows updates, there's no WSUS within the environment...

When running these steps, could I use custom settings rules to tell these task sequence steps to only install critical updates? I'm looking to avoid future feature upgrades whilst the task sequence is running as it appears that these TS steps install all applicable updates.

Hope this makes sense.

Alex.

Sunday, July 15, 2018 9:39 PM