Help with Mail Merge RRS feed

• Question

• Can someone please help me with Mail merge?  I have attempted to merge a word document with an excel doc containing names and addresses numerous times.   Each time ending with either only 25 saved pdf’s of correctly merged docs, but not the remaining 325, or an error message of “Acrobat PDFMaker was not able to mail merge the document”.  This last attempt had all the makings of promise, only to be let down.  It said “Acrobat PDFMaker is converting messages to PDF” for a very long time.  It switched to the failure notice, then switched back to the converting message and kept going all night.  The green bar slowly going across and flickering like it was working.  At one point, before I went home for the day, a window came up saying that it was saving records 1-50 and 51 to 100.  This morning there was nothing saved and only the failure window.  I’ve done merges in the past with no instances.  We have an employee who is masterfully skilled in excel who has attempted this with me a few times, with no success.  Using the wizard should eliminate the possibility of missing steps, but apparently not.  Help.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 3:06 PM

Answers

• Which version of Office? How are you actually doing the merge? (I ask because out-of-the-box, Word does not have a mechanism for merging to separate files. Even if you are merging to the Acrobat "printer", your output would be in a single 'print job' and would result in a single file. All of which suggests that you might be using an addin of some kind. If so, maybe you can find out what it is).

Peter Jamieson

• Marked as answer by Max Meng Monday, June 3, 2013 4:37 PM
    Thursday, May 30, 2013 1:09 PM