iam having 2 quesry how to get the

distubution list & their memebers in their ou

2: similary mailbox and permission list in their ou

Thanks

Muthu

Thanks Muthu

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 6:47 PM

All replies

• Try doing a search, those two questions have been answered hundred times already...
    Tuesday, August 20, 2019 7:57 PM
  • Thanks vail for the quick update. But I am unable to get it excatlly either getting the distgroup or mebers list. if you could post the thread it will be great

Thanks in davnce

Regards

Muthu

Thanks Muthu

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 8:21 PM
  • Hi Muthukk,

Do you mean that you want to find distribution group on your Exchange server and members in them?

You can use command below to find distribution group:

Get-DistributionGroup -ResultSize unlimited

You can use command below to find members in them:

Get-DistributionGroupMember -Identity "Group"

You can use command below to check full access permission for a specific mailbox:

Get-MailboxPermission Mailbox | where{$_.AccessRights -eq "FullAccess" -And $_.IsInherited -eq $False -And $_.Deny -eq $False}

If my understand is wrong, could you elaborate on your question?

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 7:34 AM
  • Hi Kyle

Thanks for the note. I am looking for the command to fetch from the ou. In PS giving the input file and getting the output

Regards

Muthu

Thanks Muthu

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 8:18 AM
  • Hi Kyle

Thanks for the note. I am looking for the command to fetch from the ou. In PS giving the input file and getting the output

Regards

Muthu

Thanks Muthu

Do you mean that you want to read distribution group name from a file, then get the members of those distribution groups?

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 22, 2019 8:10 AM
  • Hi

Yes it is right. Looking for DL member s & mbx permission from the out

Thanks

Muthu

Thanks Muthu

Thursday, August 22, 2019 2:13 PM
  • If so, you should create a input file like picture below:

Then use script below to check members in it:

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Monday, August 26, 2019 6:53 AM
  • sorry for the delayed updated,

Thanks Kyle for the info. How abut the mailbox permission from the text file.

Regards

Muthu

Thanks Muthu

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 12:26 PM
  • It is same to the first script:

$Mailboxes = Import-Csv c:/temp/mailboxes.csv

foreach($Mailbox in $Mailboxes){
        Write-Host "Permission for "$Mailbox.Name":"
        Get-MailboxPermission $Mailbox.Name | where {$_.AccessRights -eq "FullAccess" -And $_.IsInherited -eq $False -And $_.Deny -eq $False}
    }

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Thursday, August 29, 2019 9:53 AM
  • Hi Muthukk,

I am writing here to confirm with you how thing going now?

If the above suggestion helps, please be free to mark it as an answer for helping more people.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Monday, September 2, 2019 1:41 AM