none
Remove wrong Replica Path in DPM Protection Group RRS feed

• Question

• I got a protection group where i backup a sharepoint farm. The sharepoint farm is based on a sql always on cluster. The backup works fine until a change of the sql role name (in the failover cluster manager on the sql server).

After this change, when i check the details of Replica Path in the sharepoint protection group, there is every entry twice. One entry for the old name and also an entrie for the path with the new sql role name.

Here an example for the entries in replica path:

NEW: SQLCLUSTER-01\SQL2012_01\Content_DB1 on J:\ on SQL Server (SQL2012_01) - NEW.Cluster-01.netzsch.com
    OLD: SQLCLUSTER-01\SQL2012_01\Content_DB1 on J:\ on SQL Server (SQL2012_01).Cluster-01.netzsch.com

The problem with this entries is, that every time a recovery point should be created i got an error message which told me, DPM could not find the old path (which doenst exists anymore, because of the change).

I serached allot on different dpm websites, also found this thread (https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/de-DE/eacd1c96-69d7-43d9-a385-e85db0ea0a3b/change-dpm-replica-path-possible-secondary-dpm-server-looking-for-incorrect-path?forum=dataprotectionmanager) but this doesnt worked for me.

Thanks in advance for any help!

• Edited by Mathias_Lq Thursday, July 2, 2015 11:01 AM
    Thursday, July 2, 2015 9:36 AM