Reply Email with Picture appear "OLE Object: Picture (Device Independent Bitmap)" for Outlook 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Outlook 2016 and when I reply to emails with screenshots, the screenshot gets replaced with "OLE Object: Picture (Device Independent Bitmap)".

In my settings, I have my Compose Messages in this format: HTML.

Is there a setting somewhere where I can reply without the original screenshot disappearing? 

Friday, January 5, 2018 6:57 PM

All replies

• Hi Lettuce,

Please have a check whether received messages’ format is Rich Text. To check this, please open the message, click Actions > Edit Message. Under format Text tab, you will find that.

Based on my research and test, if you reply to a Rich text message, the picture will be replaced with “<< OLE Object: Picture (Device Independent Bitmap) >>”.

To avoid this, we can convert the received message to HTML format. In the message window, please choose Format Text, and then choose HTML. Click Save.

Hope this is of help to you.

Regards,

Perry Pan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Monday, January 8, 2018 6:24 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Wednesday, January 10, 2018 9:39 AM
    Monday, January 8, 2018 6:24 AM
  • Hi Lettuce,

Have you solved this issue now?

Just to check whether my reply helps?

If you need further assistance about this issue, please feel free to tell me.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 8:59 AM