Error: MigrationPermanentException: Active Directory property 'homeMDB' is not writeable on recipient ' RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to move mailboxes from Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2013. Getting this error. If I enable inheritance of the user properties, then working fine. Since,  I have around 700 users, it is not possible to go every users property and enable inheritance. This is very urgent requirement as I have to complete the activity before Saturday. Please suggest

Error: MigrationPermanentException: Active Directory property 'homeMDB' is not writeable on recipient 'testing.local/Users/Dummy'. --> Active Directory property 'homeMDB' is not writeable on recipient 'testing.local/Users/Dummy'.

Thanks,

Arif-orient

Thursday, April 13, 2017 11:54 AM

All replies

• Hi Arif,

In general, the inheritance issue will not affect all users, please try to select some other users randomly and check if the inheritance has been enabled. 

If not all, you can move mailboxes directly, and enable inheritance for the mailboxes which moved failed, then move them again.

If all users don't have inheritance enabled, we can refer to the following article to enable it by using powershell:

PowerShell Trick: Use AD PSProvider to enable inheritance

How to Modify Security Inheritance on Active Directory Objects using PowerShell

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 14, 2017 8:13 AM
  • Hi Arif,

Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance. If the issue has been resolved, please mark the helpful replies as answers, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 9:53 AM
  • Hi Niko,

I had tried second link, worked excellent. Thanks.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/muaddib/2013/12/30/how-to-modify-security-inheritance-on-active-directory-objects-using-powershell/ 

Arif

Saturday, May 6, 2017 6:21 AM
  • Hi Arif,

Glad it's helpful. BTW, do you mind marking it as an answer? this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng

Monday, May 8, 2017 8:24 AM