none
User Hide in GAL

Question

• Hi Directory Services Gurus,

I have a mailbox which gets disabled automatically. When found attribute msExchHideFromAddressLists was set to true which means it will not show in GAL(global Address List). When I further check I found that the user account is disabled for this mailbox and I read on article https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/exchange/en-US/7fef86b6-04af-4c1a-98ec-24dd99e6854a/hiding-users-from-global-address-list-in-exchange-2010?forum=exchangesvradminlegacy that if the ID is disable it will set the attribute to true automatically. My question is how to track this attribute. Where are the logs generated for this attribute. If I have to enable the auditing which auditing will be best suited for this attributed and should I set it for success, Failure or only failure. I can see under repadmin /showobjmeta that the attribute has been modified on the recent date but don't know if the auditing is enabled for that because I don't know whether it will come under audit object access or directory server access etc. Please provide the answer.

Hope I summarize the question.

Regards Puneet Pandey MCITP

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 8:09 PM

All replies