none
Website redirect internal network. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

I have a website www.something.com hosted on godaddy. I forwarded it to www.something.org hosted with some other vendor.
    The forwarding is working fine outside of our internal network. 

Internally, our domain is named as something.com. All DNS entries for computers etc have something.com behind them.
    e.g.wk-05.something.com

There is a DNS entry with host name www. FQDN as www.something.com going to IP address of www.something.com hosted on godaddy. It does not forward to www.something.org. It gives a page saying 'Account has been suspended'. 

How can I make the forwarding work internally as well? Thank you.

• Edited by lovely day Tuesday, September 20, 2016 3:57 PM
    Tuesday, September 20, 2016 3:53 PM

Answers

• Hi lovely day,

>I forwarded it to www.something.org hosted with some other vendor.

How does the forwarder work? Could you explain the detailed process of the forwarder?

If you use internal DNS server for internal clients, and internal DNS server only own A record that www.something.com A x.x.x.x (points to the IP address of the record in Godaddy), then it's normal that clients can only get the original IP address of www.something.com.

If you know the IP address of the re-direction, you may make A record with that IP address directly on internal DNS server.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 7:18 AM

All replies

• Hi lovely day,

>I forwarded it to www.something.org hosted with some other vendor.

How does the forwarder work? Could you explain the detailed process of the forwarder?

If you use internal DNS server for internal clients, and internal DNS server only own A record that www.something.com A x.x.x.x (points to the IP address of the record in Godaddy), then it's normal that clients can only get the original IP address of www.something.com.

If you know the IP address of the re-direction, you may make A record with that IP address directly on internal DNS server.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 7:18 AM
  • Hi lovely day,

Could the above replies be of help? If yes, you may mark it as answer, if not, feel free to feed back.

Best Regards,

Anne

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 9:42 AM