none
Changing the network path RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am looking to change the network path in the deployment share properties to a FQDN, but it kicks back an error.  I have tried to set an IP, but I want to avoid this.  Is there a way to set up a FQDN in that area?

As always, your assistance is appreciated.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, August 20, 2015 5:41 PM

Answers

• You could directly edit \Control\Settings.xml and bootstrap.ini.  I can't think of a scenario this would be necessary though. What issue are you trying to solve by using FQDN?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, August 20, 2015 8:26 PM

All replies

• What error?  Can you give more full details of what you are seeing?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, August 20, 2015 6:21 PM
  • The message I get is "One or more errors must be resolved before changes can be applied."  Invalid UNC path specified is the message when you hover over the exclamation point.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, August 20, 2015 7:58 PM
  • Close the Deployment share from the Workbench. Change the share name from explorer under the sharing folder. Reopen the Deployment Share in Workbench and change it to the name of the share. Don't forget to change the BootStrap.ini so that DeployRoot reflects the change.
    Thursday, August 20, 2015 8:25 PM
  • You could directly edit \Control\Settings.xml and bootstrap.ini.  I can't think of a scenario this would be necessary though. What issue are you trying to solve by using FQDN?

Thursday, August 20, 2015 8:26 PM
  • Sorry I misread the question. I thought you were changing the share name. Ty is right. What is your end goal? Why does NetBIOS not work for you?
    Thursday, August 20, 2015 8:29 PM