Software Capability CAP_ENTERPRISE_SHARED_DATA Causes HRESULT: 0x80073CF6, Package could not be registered Error RRS feed

• Question

• One of my windows phone 8.1 apps will not longer deploy to an emulator or device. I am using visual studio 2015 and deploying was working previously.  I can still deploy other applications.

The Error is HRESULT: 0x80073CF6, "Package could not be registered"

This error appears to be caused by my WindowsPhoneReservedAppInfo.xml file using<SoftwareCapability Id=" ID_CAP_ENTERPRISE_SHARED_DATA " /> I am deploying to enterprise phones by side loading currently with no plans to move my application to the windows store. I need this software capability because my devices are locked down with a wehlockdown.xml file with defined roles. The sole purpose of this application is to allow switching between the defined roles in my lock-down file.

Is there alternative to using ID_CAP_ENTERPRISE_SHARED_DATA?
    Is there a different/better way to allow switching between lock-down roles?
    What changes stopped this software capability from working?

I can get the deploy to work by removing the software capability and deploying then adding it back in and redeploying but then running the application I get Exception thrown: 'System.UnauthorizedAccessException'.

Update:

I have two different OS versions on my devices (Panasonic FZ-E1 Toughpads).  On the higher version is where I am getting the error. OS Version 8.10.15165.177 get the error. While Os Version 8.10.15155.167

Thanks,

Jared

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 4:13 PM

All replies

• Hi Jared,

This forum is discussing Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

According to your description, your issue may be related to windows embedded, I will move this thread to the corresponding forum for a professional answer.

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 8, 2017 5:34 AM