none
UAG only showing DFSRoots Shares RRS feed

• Question

• I have UAG setup and working. In Admin/File Access I can only see my DFSRoots shares. Is there any way for me to see the local site shares.

I have a single domain forest with 8 sites in a hub/spoke configuration. There are 7 site links that match my topology. I want to give my teachers/staff and students access to their local High School shares without having all the DFS shares showing in the tree. Is there a way of doing this?

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Tuesday, March 16, 2010 4:00 PM

Answers

• Using the file access management, you should be able to see your shares, after selecting the domain and servers. If the servers or shares do not appear, this might be a communication problem with the servers, like a blocked port or routing configuration. Please verify that you can NET VIEW and read the content of these shares from the UAG server itself. If you can, but still can't see them in the management window, this might require a deeper networking investigation.

Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Wednesday, April 14, 2010 12:44 AM
    Wednesday, April 14, 2010 12:44 AM

All replies

• Using the file access management, you should be able to see your shares, after selecting the domain and servers. If the servers or shares do not appear, this might be a communication problem with the servers, like a blocked port or routing configuration. Please verify that you can NET VIEW and read the content of these shares from the UAG server itself. If you can, but still can't see them in the management window, this might require a deeper networking investigation.

Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Wednesday, April 14, 2010 12:44 AM
    Wednesday, April 14, 2010 12:44 AM
  • it is possible to manually add servers and file shares on the IAG/UAG.

Take a look at "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Forefront Unified Access Gateway\von\FileAccess\ShareAccessCfg.xml"

I've had to modify the file for remote campuses that I couldn't browse to through the File Access wizard.

Thursday, April 15, 2010 12:03 AM