Notify the "Affected User" when incident has been re-assigned, include new owner RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Experts,

I need you help on this one. I have read everything I have found on the internet, but couldn't figure it out on my own. I want to send a notification to the End user (Affected User) when his/her incident has been re-assigned and I want to include the new owner of the incident in the notification, so that the user is able to contact him/her directly if needed. I tried using a notification template (target class Trouble Ticket Action Log) and a respective subscription, but I cannot include the new owner's name.

Can you please help me out? I just want my end users to know who is the new owner of their work item (incident).

Thanks,

Tony

Thursday, March 24, 2016 4:26 PM

Answers

All replies

• Thursday, March 24, 2016 5:54 PM
  • Hello,

Have you tried the MP shared by Andrew France in the article below?

Custom notification workflow on incident assignement or re-assignment

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/servicemanager/2009/12/15/custom-notification-workflow-on-incident-assignement-or-re-assignment/

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 7:40 AM
  • Hi Yan Li,

thanks for Your input. I'll go with the article Firat posted, because unfortunately I am not able to get to the MP referenced in the article you gave me. i get redirected to a One Drive space that is not available anymore. Can you provide me with another link or the MP itself?

Thanks You in advance.

BR,

Tony

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 11:52 AM
  • Hello,

Sorry for the late reply.

You may find the MP code in the Comment part in the link which is pasted out by Andrew France.

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 5, 2016 8:51 AM