Documents are un readable after reinstalling windows and microsoft works 2004---please help!!! RRS feed

• Question

• I recently had windows reinstalled on my machine.  After getting home i installed microsoft works 2004.  This is the same program i have always used. My documents are un readable.  What do i have to do to  open them properly.  These are important business documents and spreadsheets that i use daily.  I would really appreciate any help!  Thank-you!
    • Edited by Tracyann340 Tuesday, December 13, 2011 1:36 PM
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 1:27 PM

All replies

• Also,  My OS is Vista. I have tried playing around with the decoding optios with now luck.  The document are saved as an xlr format. Thanks for your time :)
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 1:35 PM
  • This is the forum to discuss questions and feedback for Microsoft Word, better to visit the following link to find the support for works:
    http://www.microsoft.com/products/works/support.mspx

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Tony Chen

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 10:10 AM