Lync 2010 in Resource Forest hybrid to 2 different tenancies ?? RRS feed

• Question

• Hey there, I have done a lot of on-prem to office 365 migration but never came across this scenario. 

So, I have this new client with 2 separate AD/Exchange forest (legal reasons). They also have 2 separate office 365 tenancies.So exchange migration is straightforward setup hybrid move mailboxes.  

But they are using shared Lync 2010. So abc.com and def.com both use shared Lync which resides in xxx.com which they use as a resource forest. Users are synced via FIM from user forests to Resource forest. They use 2 separate sip address abc.com and def.com 

What will be the best way to migrate users to 2 separate tenancies from one Lync 2010 resource forest. considering I can only setup hybrid with one tenancy. 

Can I create the first hybrid using one shared sip abc.com and then move users. once all users moved recreate hybrid with second tenancy for def.com and then move users.

Or do i need to reinstall Lync in individual forests for the hybrid? Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks 

I dunno Nuthing

Monday, April 24, 2017 10:59 PM

All replies

• Hi Costello,

To this issue, you could create the first hybrid using one shared sip abc.com and move user to Office 365 tenancy. After completing it, try to remove hybrid from this Office 365 tenancy and create hybrid with another Office 365 tenancy. 

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    • Edited by jim-xu Friday, April 28, 2017 2:22 AM
    • Proposed as answer by jim-xu Wednesday, May 10, 2017 9:24 AM
    Friday, April 28, 2017 2:21 AM