none
Is there any way to save useful thread within technet? RRS feed

• Question

• Just wondering if there is anyway to save useful threads from within technet rather than browser bookmarks

Thursday, August 18, 2011 5:49 AM

Answers

• I use OneNote, but TechNet forums do not provide any control for this other than what your browser provides. Another alternative is to subscribe to the RSS feed for the thread, or query, that you are interested in. Consult your browser's help file for the procedure to find the RSS feed URL for the item or query you are interested in. I use Outlook to read the feed so that I can write Outlook rules to filter the feed into folders.
    tony soper
    Sunday, August 21, 2011 6:00 PM

All replies

• I use OneNote, but TechNet forums do not provide any control for this other than what your browser provides. Another alternative is to subscribe to the RSS feed for the thread, or query, that you are interested in. Consult your browser's help file for the procedure to find the RSS feed URL for the item or query you are interested in. I use Outlook to read the feed so that I can write Outlook rules to filter the feed into folders.
    tony soper
    Sunday, August 21, 2011 6:00 PM
  • RSS seems like the best idea Ill try that thanks
    Sunday, August 21, 2011 11:46 PM
  • Tony gave some great ideas:

(1) Paste them into OneNote. Good for a personal list.

(2) Subscribe to the RSS feed for the thread.

More alternatives:

(3) Paste them into Word. You could paste them anywhere, really. So it's just a question of what you're comfortable with.

(4) Subscribe to alerts for that thread. When you receive the email, drop it into a folder called "Forum Threads".

(5) If the threads are on a theme (such as SQL Server), then go make a list on TechNet Wiki of your favorite threads (call it a "Survival Guide" or "Great Forum Threads for SQL Server"): http://technet.com/wiki

(6) Favorite the page using your browser. You can organize your favorites by folder, so you can create a "Forum Therads" folder.

The bottom line is that it would be nice if there was a favorite button, but there are several other ways to capture your favorite threads.

Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)
    Thursday, September 1, 2011 1:51 AM
    Owner