UAG 2010 refusing WAN client requests RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I have just installed and configured a Forefront UAG 2010 server. The server is for now only configured with a SSL portal trunk which was working fine (and accessible from WAN) for some hours. Now, after (say) 6 hours, the server wont accept WAN-requests.

I can ping the server from WAN, and i can access the portal site from inside LAN. However, when accessing the portal via LAN, the server shows traffic on WAN NIC.

When i click "Diagnose Connection Problems" in IE9 it reports: "The remote device or resource wont accept the connection."

The server with UAG installed is virtualized on Hyper-V. The OS is Server 2008R2 SP1 (no other updates) and UAG version is 2010 with SP2. NIC's are configured after this guide: http://blog.msedge.org.uk/2010/04/recommended-network-card-configuration_14.html. The server is in parallell with another firewall. The WAN adapter is connected directly to my ISP WAN (no firewall).

The VM host OS is Server 2008R2 SP1 (all latest updates).

As said, the server was accessible earlier this day, but all of the sudden it wont accept connections over WAN.

Any advice is highly appreciated!

• Edited by HansMarius Thursday, January 24, 2013 9:29 PM
    Wednesday, January 23, 2013 11:11 PM

Answers

• Never mind. Uninstalled UAG and installed TMG instead. Working like a charm for what i initially installed UAG for; reverse proxy. Missing browser initiated SSL VPN, but i'll live.
    • Marked as answer by HansMarius Saturday, January 26, 2013 4:25 PM
    Saturday, January 26, 2013 4:23 PM

All replies

• Hi again.

I have been looking in the TMG log, and when accessing the portal from inside (LAN) i see in TMG log entries originating from my Sonicwall firewall (WAN IP (84.208.X.X)) bound to destination IP (UAG WAN NIC (84.208.Y.Y)). This is normal. But i dont get why other WAN clients cannot access the UAG WAN IP?

I find this behavior very strange, especially since the portal was accessible from other WAN clients for the first 6-8 hours.

EDIT: I also got a yellow exclamation-triangle over my network connectivty systray icon.

• Edited by HansMarius Thursday, January 24, 2013 9:51 PM
    Thursday, January 24, 2013 9:48 PM
  • Never mind. Uninstalled UAG and installed TMG instead. Working like a charm for what i initially installed UAG for; reverse proxy. Missing browser initiated SSL VPN, but i'll live.
    • Marked as answer by HansMarius Saturday, January 26, 2013 4:25 PM
    Saturday, January 26, 2013 4:23 PM