Web base Read-only access to WSUS RRS feed

• Question

• We have the need to allow Read-only access to a couple of specific users and wondered if there was a web based tool that would allow that access?  I have tried wsusadmin but no page is available.  Is there an option?

Thank you,

Sergio

Jr. Admin

Friday, May 8, 2015 8:05 PM

Answers

• MSFT do not provide this option as a feature of WSUS. (it was discontinued when WSUS 3.0 released in 2007)

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Saturday, May 9, 2015 4:31 AM

All replies

• MSFT do not provide this option as a feature of WSUS. (it was discontinued when WSUS 3.0 released in 2007)

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Saturday, May 9, 2015 4:31 AM
  • Morning Don,

thanks for the reply.  We ended up giving user access to a community server and then added user to the wsus reporting group on the wsus server and created an MMC snap-in which gave the user what they wanted.  I bit of a work around but I think we are good.

Jr. Admin

Thursday, May 14, 2015 3:27 PM