KB article 958041 RRS feed

• Question

• My status for windows updates stays on yellow, like I'm not updated.  Everytime I try to install Office XP Service Pack 3, it brings up error code: 0x8024002D, saying I need to install disk (which I don't have)  My pc came used and preloaded with XP Pro, Vers. 2002.  I have already tried the LoggingOn.reg/LoggingOff.reg unsuccessfully.  I would appreciate any help.

Sunday, January 15, 2012 4:36 AM

All replies

• You need to contact the Customer Support or Technical Support of the computer manufacturer to see if you can purchase a set of original disks for your system.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Sunday, January 15, 2012 1:18 PM
  • I would rather not invest anymore in this pc.  Would there be another option?  Perhaps deleting that part of XP that I don't use?  Please advise.
    Jennifer Gibbs
    Sunday, January 15, 2012 2:06 PM
  • It would be very difficult to specify what you could delete and what you should not delete.

I would recommend looking for friend or relative that is tech savvy or a local computer repair shop.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Sunday, January 15, 2012 2:37 PM