AES-256 for all outgoing emails in company RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

I know that in O365 every user can optionally choose AES-256 (Outlook app) encryption for outgoing e-mails.

But how or where I can force that into rule or group policy?

And also I need to add certificate to each user, is it also a way to do it in 1 massive update?

Friday, April 3, 2020 11:54 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on my knowledge, it’s not supported to use rules on Exchange server side to set encryption algorithms for Outlook clients. If you want to know more about group policy, you can go to Windows Server > Group Policy forum for more professional information and suggestions. Thanks for your understanding.

For your issues about adding certificate to each user, here is a similar thread for your reference: Automated public S/MIME certificate distribution and configuration to domain joined devices?

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 6, 2020 5:44 AM
  • Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. If you have any questions or need further help on this issue, please feel free to post back. 

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 10, 2020 8:02 AM