downgrade windows vista business premium to windows xp professional RRS feed

• Question

•  i bought aser aspire 6930 series laptop inbuid windows vista business premium.but i 'm not familiar with vista so i want to downgrade vista business premium to windows xp professional with sp2 with using vista's licence key.
    can it is possible?
    plz help me

============================================================
    ==
    Thursday, February 5, 2009 7:40 AM

Answers

•  

Hi,

OEM downgrade rights for desktop PC operating systems apply to Windows Vista Business and Windows Vista Ultimate as stated in the License Terms. Please note, OEM downgrade versions of Windows Vista Business and Windows Vista Ultimate are limited to Windows XP Professional (including Windows XP Tablet PC Edition and Windows XP x64 Edition). End users can use the following media for their downgrade: Volume Licensing media (provided the end user has a Volume Licensing agreement), retail (FPP), or system builder hologram CD (provided the software is acquired in accordance with the Microsoft OEM System Builder License). Use of the downgraded operating system is governed by the Windows Vista Business License Terms, and the end user cannot use both the downgrade operating system and Windows Vista Business. There are no downgrade rights granted for Windows Vista Home Basic or Windows Vista Home Premium.

For more information, please refer to the following site:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/f/4/5f4c83d3-833e-4f11-8cbd-699b0c164182/royaltyoemreferencesheet.pdf

You may contact Acer to check if they can offer the Windows XP Professional product key and the installation media to you.

For detailed information, please contact your local Microsoft Customer Service.

http://www.microsoft.com/worldwide/

Hope it helps.

Tim Quan - MSFT

Thursday, February 5, 2009 9:11 AM