none
Problem with language support for RCDCs on FIM2010R2 SP1 installation RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    Last week I installed FIM2010R2 SP1 on a clean machine. I didn't manage to install SP1 upon a SharePoint Foundation 2013 (couldn't get the PowerShell commands to work correctly), so I installed SP1 on a SharePoint Foundation 2010, which went just fine. Then I downloaded "Server and Client Language packs" using the link on the FIMSplash.htm of the R2SP1 installation CD, ran the msi and choosed the German language. When the installation was finished, I selected "German (Germany)[de-DE]" in IE8, performed a IISRESET and loaded the FIMPortal in expectation to find the German versions of the RCDC to load.

    However I didn't... The FIM RCDC are still in English, while both the SharePoint messages are in German and the FIM ticker (the one that shows during the load of a new page) says "Wird Geladen...".  I do find the German RCDC's in the Resource Control Display Configuration and "German (Germany")" is shown on every Localization tab as expected. I have tried many things (server restart, performed the same routine with the Danish language pack, repair the language installation among others) but has still now succeded with loading of German RCDCs within the portal.

    Has anyone found the same problem with the FIM2010R2 SP1 installation?

    Any hints on how to fix this issues? Alternatively, is there a way to force the FIMPortal always to show a specific language, e.g. German. That could be a fix, all though not a pretty one.

    Thanks

    Tuesday, January 29, 2013 8:21 AM

Answers

  • A few days after my message a colleague of mine found that had been issued a SP1-specific version of the language packs which were included in the official FIM 2010R2 SP1 release. After installation of these localization worked once again on the RCDC's.

    For some reason the updated versions of the language packs (4.1.3114) weren't referenced in the full (FIM 2010R2 + SP1) msdn release, where the installation page referenced the old R2 versions (4.1.2273).

    So problem solved.

    • Marked as answer by Søren Aamand Wednesday, February 6, 2013 11:24 AM
    Wednesday, February 6, 2013 11:24 AM