Error "Unable to initialize package information(0x00000000)" RRS feed

• Question

• My sequencer machine is a Windows XP SP3 and the client machine is also Windows XP SP3.

I have SCCM configured in my client machine. If I push applications to the client machines through SCCM, the sequenced applications work.

Issue:

If I create a .msi file with the sequencer and If I want to check the functionality by installing the msi in standmode I get the following error "Unable to initialize package information(0x00000000)"

I have made the following modifications  in the registry for the application to work in standalone mode

RequireAuthorizationIfCached = 0
    AllowDisconnectedOperation = 1
    AllowDisconnectedOperation = 1
    Online = 0
    DoTimeoutMinutes = ffffffff
    ToggleOfflineMode  = 0

Is it possible to install the msi in standalone mode when SCCM client is present in the client machine?

I have attached my client settings for your reference.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SoftGrid\4.5\Client\UserInterface]
    "AppIcon"="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client\\sftcmcres.dll,-484"
    "TypeIcon"="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client\\sftcmcres.dll,-483"
    "DDELaunchMSICommand"="k)(EkE%2$?l99WK,846GVirtualApp>zK9k'5[nIA]rp721l(`n /launch \"<APP>\""
    "DDELaunchCommand"="\"C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\CCM\\VappLauncher.exe\" /launch \"<APP>\""
    "LaunchCommand"="\"C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\CCM\\VappLauncher.exe\" /launch \"<APP>\""
    "LaunchMSICommand"="k)(EkE%2$?l99WK,846GVirtualApp>zK9k'5[nIA]rp721l(`n /launch \"<APP>\""

Guess this has to be changed, right?? Please advise on what setting chnage I have to do to make the msi work in standalone mode.

J.Caleb Kirubakaran
    Tuesday, February 24, 2009 11:24 AM

Answers

• Hi J,

I was having the same issue and I changed the Target and Start in to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client\sfttray.exe"  {make sure to use the quotes otherwise it will error}  and it worked just find for me.

I installed the app-v client manually but it appears the SCCM client decided to take over which is normal.  

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\SoftGrid\4.5\Client\UserInterface

Go to this key and change the following values:

DDELaunchCommand

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client\sftdde.exe" "<APP>" <DDE>

LaunchCommand

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client\sfttray.exe" /launch "<APP>"

Change the (x86) if you are using a 32bit OS.

I had to uninstall and re-install the app-v client to the get the icons to show up.

Hope this helps you, it sure helped me, Thanks!

James Snarey
    Friday, August 19, 2011 9:17 PM

All replies

• Hello

Is the App-V client also installed on the Standalone computer?  In other words is the target computer running the App-V and Configuration Manager client?

Thanks,

Dan Bernhardt [MSFT]
    Tuesday, February 24, 2009 3:44 PM
    Answerer
  • Yes , I have App-V client installed in the standalone computer.
    Yes, the target computer is running both App-V and configuration Mangaer client.

Is it possible to have this setup to work
    J.Caleb Kirubakaran
    Wednesday, February 25, 2009 4:21 AM
  • The SCCM Client will not interfere with the App-V CLient in "stand-alone" mode manually installed as long as SCCM isn't also trying to push down the App-V Client also.

When you use the MSI, you generally want to have the SFT file also in the same folder as the MSI.  The MSI does not include the SFT itself.  They can be in different locations if you add a command line argument to msiexec to tell it where to find the SFT, but by default it will look in the folder holding the MSI.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009 4:24 AM
  • Also, DoTimeoutMinutes should not be set to ffffffff (eight f's).  Seven f's is OK, but eight f's looks like a minus 1 which seems to confuse the heck out of the client.
    • Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, February 22, 2011 6:25 AM
    Wednesday, February 25, 2009 4:26 AM
  • Hi Tim,

Is that client machine registry entry fine.. cos after I install the MSI, if I check the properties of the shortcut delivered by the MSI it points to the following location.

Target = C:\WINDOWS\system32\CCM\VAppLauncher.exe /launch "Adobe Reader 8 8.1.2"
    Start in = C:\WINDOWS\system32\CCM

Will this be a problem.

I have the SFT also in the same folder where the msi resides. I have installed the MSI manually and the SCCM is not being used(but the SCCM client is installed)

When you say, Is SCCM trying to push down the APP-V client as well, do you mean the SCCM should not push the same application to the client or is it SCCM should not push ANY application to that target computer?

Please let me know if Iam not clear on that... Sorry for any inconvinience.
    J.Caleb Kirubakaran
    Wednesday, February 25, 2009 4:50 AM
  • Hi J,

I was having the same issue and I changed the Target and Start in to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client\sfttray.exe"  {make sure to use the quotes otherwise it will error}  and it worked just find for me.

I installed the app-v client manually but it appears the SCCM client decided to take over which is normal.  

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\SoftGrid\4.5\Client\UserInterface

DDELaunchCommand

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client\sftdde.exe" "<APP>" <DDE>

LaunchCommand

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client\sfttray.exe" /launch "<APP>"

Change the (x86) if you are using a 32bit OS.

I had to uninstall and re-install the app-v client to the get the icons to show up.

Hope this helps you, it sure helped me, Thanks!

James Snarey
    Friday, August 19, 2011 9:17 PM
  • Thankss James Snarey, 

Now application is working fine. :)

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 2:23 PM
  • Hi to everyone,

I have Windows 7 x86 with AppV 4.6 client and SCCM agent deployed,

launching and application installed previously from a .msi package (virtualized with Sequencer 4.6) i get the error:

"Unable to initialize package information(0x00000000)"

Registry keys to permit the "local mode" already modified

Othe solutions provided over in this topic already tried.

The problem still exists...

Anyone has other ideas to fix this?

Thanks in advance,

Michele (MCITP Enterprise).

Thursday, December 22, 2011 1:34 PM
  • Hello,

I suggest you create your own thread - as this is considered resolved
    Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack
    Thursday, December 22, 2011 1:53 PM
  • The only thing I can suggest is to confirm the following registry entries.  You may also need to re-sequence your app.  If you are not using SCCM in your environment then this probably wont be the issue.   Good luck. 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SoftGrid\4.5\Client\UserInterface

DDELaunchCommand

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client\sftdde.exe" "<APP>" <DDE>

LaunchCommand

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client\sfttray.exe" /launch "<APP>"

James Snarey
    Thursday, December 22, 2011 2:27 PM