none
IPAM 2012 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Microsoft,

We have installed new windows server 2012 R2 which we will use for IPAM. Now my question is about provisioning. I know that default is gpo but there is also Manual. Can someone tell me why or shall we use manual?
    Thursday, August 17, 2017 6:38 AM

Answers

• Hi, 
    If at all possible, if you have the ability to deploy this using group policy, please do so, because the steps you have to go through to actually make the connections manually are really, really complex. I would never recommend manual provisioning. Manual provisioning requires you configure each managed server manually and there is a very big possiblility that you will get a lot of errors while configuring this. Use manual only if you have very special requirements. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. 
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

nedimmehic.org

• Marked as answer by AndrewChi Thursday, August 17, 2017 8:07 AM
    Thursday, August 17, 2017 6:47 AM
  • It is known issue in Windows Server 2012 R2 try to manually add security accounts of the servers that you want to manage to gpo's security filtering and run gpuupdate /force and reboot those servers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nedimmehic.org

• Marked as answer by AndrewChi Thursday, August 17, 2017 8:06 AM
    Thursday, August 17, 2017 7:42 AM

All replies

• Hi Nedim,

Thanks, I was just curious about manual because we have 2 provisioning methods. Do you know the difference or how this unamanged to managed, blocked, unblocked works? 
    Thursday, August 17, 2017 6:55 AM
  • Hi Nedim,

We done gpo provisioning but our servers are still unmanaged with red X. Do you know if there is any timer or something which decide when they will be managed? 
    Thursday, August 17, 2017 7:21 AM
  • It is known issue in Windows Server 2012 R2 try to manually add security accounts of the servers that you want to manage to gpo's security filtering and run gpuupdate /force and reboot those servers.

nedimmehic.org

• Marked as answer by AndrewChi Thursday, August 17, 2017 8:06 AM
    Thursday, August 17, 2017 7:42 AM
  • Thank you so much for your assistance. 5 stars for support.
    Thursday, August 17, 2017 8:06 AM