Authorise an NPS on Windows 2008 in a Windows 2003 Active Directory Schema RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am a domain administrator. I want to start UAT testing NPS on 2008 for Wireless authentication.

Our Enterprise Administrators want to know before they Authorise the NPS server, whether it will make any addition to our
    2003 AD schema's database. Or will it use its current structure?

Thanks for any feedback. The sooner this gets answered, the sooner I can begin working with it :)

Ant
    Tuesday, September 9, 2008 10:43 AM

Answers

• HI Ant,

To configure Active Directory for wireless access, you got to determine whether you want to manage authorization by user or by group to design your own authorization scheme.  NPS will grant or deny the network access authorization based on two configuration: Network Policies and AD user account dial-in properities.

To better understand this, you can refer to http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc732787.aspx 

or consult the book <<Windows Server 2008 Networking and Network Access Protection(NAP)>> Chapter 10. Page 332 Deploying Protected Wireless Access.
    The troubleshooting part within this chapter also helps. 

I hope this would help, if not, please feel free to reply to the same thread and provide us more detailed information.

Thanks,
    Chao
    Wednesday, September 17, 2008 9:46 PM