Major Crash, can't recover!! RRS feed

• Question

• I use Vista Business and  on my Acer AMB 64 dual core laptop.  Every time i try to boot windows it blue screens.  I can't read what it says as it attempts to boot right away but i think that it has triggered the protection fault.  It appears to set to reboot automatically after a crash and it does this.   It boots into the screentelling me that i have had a major fault that to recover with the disk or boot into safe mode or restart as normal.  the problem is that i can't use and input devices from the integrated keyboard and mouse to an external keyboard and mouse.   It also will not boot from disk or external device.  therefor a get an endless cycle of reboot, shutdown.  i can't break it ant have not been able to find anything on the net to help.   Can anyone here??

oh and if i can recover i will be gong back to XP Pro and not touching Vista ever again.
    Wednesday, July 4, 2007 10:33 AM

All replies

• Put your Windows Vista disk into the cd-drive and boot into the setup of Windows Vista, it will allow you to select Advanced options and repair windows vista automatically! It sounds like something bad got into your system.
    Wednesday, July 4, 2007 4:11 PM
  • Hi thanks for the reply but it will not boot fro the disk.  i don't know if the BIOS is set to boot from hard drive first or dist but i can't get in to check as the keyboard and mouse drivers are not loading....
    Friday, July 6, 2007 11:37 AM
  • Thanks for the reply but it will not boot from the dist.  don't know if the bios is set to boot from hard drive first or disk but can't get in to check....
    Friday, July 6, 2007 11:39 AM
  • As an update:     Returned to the shop/  the motherboard had to be replaced in order to get the system booting again.   will be installing XP Pro as soon as i get it back.  no more Vista from me...
    Wednesday, July 25, 2007 1:22 PM