Transferring Stickynotes from Windows 7 Version to Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am here because in my original post at answers.microsoft.com, I was told "Due to the complexity of your concern, we suggest that you post this at Technet forum".

The original post can be found here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files/transfer-stickynotesnt-to-windows-10-education/dfb28e6c-b847-404b-991d-b1f806dce5e2?tm=1508702281092&rtAction=1508809576079&auth=1

Essentially I had a computer that ran the windows 7 version of stickynotes. That computer needed to be sent in for repairs so I backed up my StickyNote.snt file to a flashdrive. I now have a computer running Windows 10 Education and I need to transfer the sticky notes over but the new save file for windows 10 sticky notes plum.sqlite is not comptible with the StickyNotes.snt file and so I cannot get the old notes to open on the new computer. 

There are two possible resolutions for this that I can see:

1) I need to convert the .snt file to the .sqlite file and use that

or 2) I need to download/run the windows 7 version of stickynotes on windows 10.

I personally do not see how this problem is so complex that neither the representative at answers.microsoft.com nor the person I spoke to over the phone could help me, but I really need my information back so whatever needs to be done I will do, just tell me how.

Thank you

Monday, November 13, 2017 11:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Sticky Notes is now a modern app, no more classic Win32 app. But you can try copying StikyNot.exe and the corresponding .mui file from your old installation (Windows.old) or from a Windows 1511 ISO.

Get back Classic Sticky Notes After Installing Windows 10 Anniversary Update:

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/get-classic-sticky-notes-windows-10-anniversary/

Please Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Tony_Tao Wednesday, November 22, 2017 9:01 AM
    Wednesday, November 15, 2017 4:05 AM