none
Update On Importing .INF Files into SCM? RRS feed

• Question

• Can anyone tell me when the updated SCM will come out that will allow us to import an .INF file? I need to be able to compare and analyze current environment with government baselines and Microsoft baselines. Without that functionality, this product is just another place I can make configurations at. 

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 9:52 PM

Answers

All replies

• When the upcoming SCM v2.0 is present I suppose you can use the major new feature that is GPO import. You have to put the security template in the right place in the GPO backup structure. That is:

{GUID}\DomainSysvol\GPO\Machine\microsoft\windows nt\SecEdit\GptTmpl.inf

Mr Sigman announced a test version of SCM v2.0 to be available mid February before he went underground.

/Bosse

Thursday, February 24, 2011 4:13 PM
  • Hey again Bosse. I've left the "dark place" where I've been hiding and I'm back up for water. This happens at Microsoft sometimes when you are focused on shipping. :) Sorry about the delay! The CTP does indeed parse the security template INFs quite well. We also parse CSVs and POL files. The latter is the toughest one to get right and where I think we need the communities help.

Rock on!

http://blogs.technet.com/b/secguide/archive/2011/03/10/scm-v2-ctp-available-to-download.aspx

-jeff 

Thursday, March 10, 2011 10:18 PM