How do I make Outlook run rules automatically? RRS feed

• Question

• I created a rule that moves messages sent from a specific email address to a specific folder but it only works when I open up Rules and select "Run Rules Now".  How can I make it run automatically so I don't have to do this step?  Thank you in advance!
    Thursday, December 6, 2018 5:13 PM

All replies

• Hi The Victim,

Please make sure the rule has been turned on by checking if the checkbox is selected:

Besides, in case the issue is related to the order of the rule, you may try moving the rule up to top to check the result.

By the way, is this a rule intended for a Shared Mailbox? If this is the case, based on my research, it is not supported to create a rule for shared mailbox, please create a server side rule for the shared mailbox in OWA as a workaround.

Hope the above can be helpful.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, December 7, 2018 3:44 AM
  • Hi Victim,

Just checked in to see how everything is going on with the issue. Was the reply helpful? If yes, could you please help mark it as answer so that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, December 14, 2018 9:57 AM