blocked by group policy on windows 7 home premuim RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am using a toshiba personal laptop, windows 7 home premuim. No one else uses it, nor have i brought it to any buisness , other home, etc.

I have been blocked by group policy for 3 months.  I have spend over 200 dollars on ITs to only tell me they have never seen this before, and to buy a new laptop.. I have no idea why i am the admin, and only user yet all i can open is aol.

I am at my wits end, and will go buy another laptop, deffenitly nothing like this one.. I have lost alot of time and money trying to fix this, late payments etc

thanks for any input

aimee

oh my isp is cox, and i have a router

• Moved by ZigZag3143x Sunday, August 3, 2014 8:55 PM Wrong section
    Sunday, August 3, 2014 8:47 PM

Answers

All replies

• See info @ http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3652-local-group-policy-editor-open.html on how to open and edit your Group Policy editor.  Search in the GP Editor for anything related to whatever it is you are being blocked from doing.

As posted above you do not provide any significant information about the situation, so it is virtually impossible to know exactly what your are having problems with and the Crystal Balls are currently off-line.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Sunday, August 3, 2014 9:03 PM
  • crystal ball? lol  that was a good one and made me laugh out loud.

Let me know what questions  you have,, I have been to so many forums, I should of just copied and paste.

Thanks

aimee

I don't know much about computers, but I did look in registry but did want to mess with it

Sunday, August 3, 2014 10:54 PM
  • Let me know what questions  you have

A good starting point would be to report what you are trying to do when Group Policy blocks you.

You might also tell the forum since when you have experienced this problem. It never occurs with a machine straight out of the box.

Sunday, August 3, 2014 11:23 PM
  • Please see: Security Program Blocked by Group Policy   

Carey Frisch

• Proposed as answer by Carey FrischMVP Wednesday, August 13, 2014 3:00 PM
    • Marked as answer by Michael_LS Monday, August 18, 2014 1:24 AM
    Sunday, August 3, 2014 11:25 PM
  • I went to the link but I have windows 7 home premium, so there is no group policy, yet I am being blocked by it. But everything I try to do, download, open brings a box up saying "blocked by group policy call administrator" but that's me. Aimee
    Sunday, August 3, 2014 11:30 PM
  • Frederik,

Thank you, this has been going on for about 3 months.. Right now I am on my daughter little acer aspire one, on mine, If I try to do anything at all, I am blocked by group policy, Only thing I can do is log on to aol, and I can read email, I can look up thing in that browser, I have tried seven forums, pchelpforum, etc, I have had aol tech remotely get on laptop and could not understand , or help, any thing else just ask.

thanks again

Monday, August 4, 2014 12:17 AM
  • Sorry to hear that.

It seems some virus caused this,

Follow this thread to clean it:

http://www.spywareinfoforum.com/topic/135248-malwarebytes-this-program-is-blocked-by-group-policy/

Rgds

Wednesday, August 6, 2014 9:41 AM
  • Hello,

1. Check registry editor do you have anything under:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\safer\CodeIdentifiers
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\safer\CodeIdentifiers

Find the "DefaultLevel" DefaultLevel, DWORD (40000 for Unrestricted, 0 for Disallowed)

So in your case I would see this walue should be 40000

As said on other posts this would indicate that your computer has been infected with virus. Also do not go edit the registry without backup.

more information of registry values under the tree:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb457006.aspx

Wednesday, August 6, 2014 11:19 AM
  • Frederik,

Thank you, this has been going on for about 3 months.. Right now I am on my daughter little acer aspire one, on mine, If I try to do anything at all, I am blocked by group policy, Only thing I can do is log on to aol, and I can read email, I can look up thing in that browser, I have tried seven forums, pchelpforum, etc, I have had aol tech remotely get on laptop and could not understand , or help, any thing else just ask.

thanks again

May we assume that you solved your problem by getting rid of some virus?
    Wednesday, August 13, 2014 8:50 AM
  • Hi, I am using a toshiba personal laptop, windows 7 home premuim. No one else uses it, nor have i brought it to any buisness , other home, etc.

I have been blocked by group policy for 3 months.  I have spend over 200 dollars on ITs to only tell me they have never seen this before, and to buy a new laptop.. I have no idea why i am the admin, and only user yet all i can open is aol.

I am at my wits end, and will go buy another laptop, deffenitly nothing like this one.. I have lost alot of time and money trying to fix this, late payments etc

thanks for any input

aimee

oh my isp is cox, and i have a router

reading this I am able to identify that you are contaminated with malware, it may has also affected your recovery

try recovery to factory fresh and then install Microsoft Security Essentials so that you have 1/2 a chance next time

Corsair Carbide 300R with window
    Corsair TX850V2 70A@12V
    Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 CFX/SLI
    AMD Phenom II 965 C3 Black Edition @ 4.0 GHz
    G.SKILL RipjawsX DDR3-2133 8 GB
    EVGA GTX 6600 Ti FTW Signature 2(Gk104 Kepler)
    Asus PA238QR IPS LED HDMI DP 1080p
    ST2000DM001 & Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64
    Microsoft Wireless Desktop 2000
    Wacom Bamboo CHT470M
    Place your rig specifics into your signature like I have, makes it 100x easier to understand!

Hardcore Games Legendary is the Only Way to Play!

Wednesday, August 13, 2014 12:44 PM
  • Try fixpolicies.exe on http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showtopic=84578

Useful if policies were altered by malware

Thursday, August 14, 2014 5:45 AM