Skype for Business 2015 Installation Prepare Current Forest and Current Domain with Shadow Principals/PAM RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm using the Active Directory 2016 feature of Shadow Principals / Privileged Access Management (PAM) with an extra Admin Domain.

My admin accounts are in domain A and I'm trying to install SfB 2015 in domain B. My admin account from domain A has shadow principals set for the Domain Admins, Schema Admins and Enterprise Admins group from domain B set. It's working fine. If I'm logged on to a machine in domain B with the admin account from domain A and I run 'whoami /groups'  it shows that my admin account is a member of the Domain Admins, Schema Admins and Enterprise Admins of domain B.

Now the problem is the SfB Server 2015 Deployment Wizards or more precise the Enable-CsAdForest cmdlet. It fails to run because it checks if the user which I'm running the cmdlet with is a member of the Enterprise Admins. Of course this group has no members because I'm using Shadow Principals. It was easy to workaround the Schema Prep but I don't find a manual workaround for the Forest Prep. 

I know I can always use a local account temporarily but I want to make it work with the Shadow Principals.

Does someone has any input to this?

best,

Matthias

Thursday, August 3, 2017 12:04 PM

All replies

• Hi bilberry79,

Based on my research ,there are no  manual workaround for the Forest Preparation. 

Best Regards,

Leon-Lu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, August 4, 2017 8:42 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Best Regards,

Leon-Lu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, August 22, 2017 9:11 AM