Problems in Windows Photo Gallery, Windows Media Player and Java RRS feed

• Question

• Hello there... I have had this problem for months, and nobody seems to be able to know what's going on. Images/videos appear scrambled in Windows Photo Gallery and Windows Media Player (but not when I open them in Photoshop, Quicktime, iTunes, etc.). Java also seems to have some problems -- the display appears scrambled on several chat applets, Facebook's photo uploader, MySpace's photo uploader, etc. I've downloaded all the Windows updates, installed the latest version of Java, installed new drivers, changed my color profiles, etc. Nothing has worked! Any ideas?

Here is a video of the problem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5GAAInBXbg

Thanks so much!
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 3:26 AM

All replies

• WHOA -- a few minutes ago, I went into my display settings and tried disabling the ATI Radeon graphics adapter. The display looks pretty strange now (there are 1.5-inch black "margins" on each side of my laptop's monitor -- something that's gonna get old in a hurry), but photos are loading properly in Windows Photo Gallery! No more problems with Java, either. I wonder... is there some way I can "trick" Windows into using a different graphics adapter?
    Monday, October 19, 2009 2:19 AM