Doubled DTMF in audio stream and RFC2833 from S4B RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm having a strange issue with DTMF on one of the sites. On the call from S4B to PSTN over mediant 1000  the Mediant 1000 receives DTMF tones both in audio stream as audio tones and in separate rfc2833 RTP stream simultaneously. As a result the DTMF digits are doubled on the PSTN side. I tried different setting on mediant to filter DTMF inband, or not to generate DTMF on the receipt of rfc2833 but with no luck so far.

The actual issue is why does S4B send DTMF both ways simultaneously? 

On the other site where we dont have this issue S4B only sends DTMF as rfc2833. I could not find the setting that controls the DTMF behaviuor of S4B. Can some one help me with it?

I've event found exotic issues on the web with audio coupling of DTMF tones from pressing buttons and audio mute as a solution but it does not help.

Thanks,

Xalled

• Edited by Xalled Friday, January 5, 2018 3:27 PM
    Friday, January 5, 2018 3:26 PM

All replies

• Hi Xalled,

Compare two sites,the problem may caused by the audio stream as audio tones and in separate rfc2833 RTP stream simultaneously,

Due to laboratory equipment limitations,I cannot make a test for your and find settings about it,you could contact the AudioCodes and ask for a help.

https://www.audiocodes.com/services-support/maintenance-and-support

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Regards,

Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, January 8, 2018 6:32 AM
  • Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Regards,

Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, January 8, 2018 9:11 AM
  • DTMF via both Media and Signalling helps, based on the far-end. Some may support one, and other may support another. If DTMF is changed to signalling only it should resolve your issue
    Saturday, February 3, 2018 5:16 AM