Two issues, both are concerning outlook for 2010 pro in win 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

Hello, 

I've working this for 3 days with some success.

1st issue is that outlook displays working offline in the Send/Receive Globe (little redX) also in the download area, Cancel All is marked the same way and usually the outlook icon on the taskbar also displays a redX. Starting on Tuesday afternoon I was unable to send/receive email as I always had. Meaning that mail was Automatically downloaded and new or reponces was sent as normal. 

I removed an add-in that was a connector for hotmail, I also removed the outlook mail account and added it back as a single profile.  Somewhere in this process I clicked the update folder next to "Send/Receive All Folders" and mail did update to the folder.  But I was  not sending mail until I created a new profile seem sort of strange to me. 

Then I tried creating a new profile following the instructions located at "HTTP://SUPPORT.MICROSOFT.COM/KB/829918".  This process is bit confusing but I was able figure out they were saying.  However, this was no help so far.  Currently, The globe and the Cancel downloads are displaying the RED X so I am still working offline and I need to Work online.   

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this part of the issue?

Second,

I noticed when I was creating a new profile that the system was reporting outlook as a 32 bit program.  I have always used outlook for email even when I was not using to Microsoft for a mail.  I bought Microsoft office with my current PC and have my license installation code.  However I do not remember seeing this was a 32 bit program when I received the Laptop.  I have a 64 bit system and all the software I own is 64 bit. I checked the rest of my MS office suit and all 64 bit.

Has anyone has this happen to them?

Thanks for your attention.

J Edward Kirkpatrick

Friday, September 8, 2017 8:09 PM

All replies

• Hi Edward,

For the first question, do you mean you are working Offline and cannot send/receive emails in Outlook 2010? Please check if your Outlook connection status bar are displayed as below:

If that is the case, please go to Send/Receive tab, in the Preferences group, click to un-select Work Offline button. 

For the second question, it is a supported scenario that the 32 bit Office 2010 is installed on 64 bit Windows machine.

Anything unclear about my replies, feel free to let me know :)

Best Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 11, 2017 7:14 AM
  • Hi Edward,

Any updates in your side?

Feel free to post back if you need any further help.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 15, 2017 9:23 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking the status of this issue. Do you have any update for it?
    If my reply is helpful, please mark it as answer to close the thread. It will help other who have the similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Friday, September 29, 2017 10:06 AM