locked
fail to open excel services report in performancepoint dashboard in MOSS RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi

    We have installed MOSS + performancepoint on 2 servers farm.

    When we try to deploy dashboard with Excel services report it get stack on the "operation in progress"

    Same excel report is working fine directly from MOSS and from performancepoint preview

    Also another scorecard webpart on the same dashboard is working properly.

    -Oren   

     

    Monday, June 30, 2008 12:49 PM

Answers

All replies

  • Hi Doren,

     

    The issue may be due to PPSMonitoringWebService does not have access to Excel Services.   You may need to take a look into Central Administration | SharedServices Administration | Excel Service Settings | Edit Excel Services Settings.

     

    Following links may assist you

     

    http://blogs.msdn.com/performancepoint/archive/2007/07/12/how-to-use-excel-services-as-a-data-source.aspx

    http://blogs.msdn.com/performancepoint/archive/2007/12/17/connecting-dashboard-filters-to-excel-services-pivot-table-report-filters.aspx

     

    Thank you,

    Sundar - MSFT

    Monday, June 30, 2008 2:22 PM
  • Hi Sundar

    in the the Excel services settings

    the file access method is set to impersonation and the Unattended Service Account is set to privileged domain account

    Thank you

    Oren

     

     

    Tuesday, July 1, 2008 7:21 AM
  • Hi Sundar

    the following error is logged in the MOSS log when trying to open the perforamncepoint dashboard in MOSS

     

    ExcelWebRenderer.ExecuteWebEventHandler - An unhandled internal exception has occurred System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The format of the URI could not be determined.     at System.Uri.CreateThis(String uri, Boolean dontEscape, UriKind uriKind)     at Microsoft.Office.Excel.WebUI.ExcelWebRenderer.InternalPreRender()     at Microsoft.Office.Excel.WebUI.ExcelWebRenderer.<OnPreRender>b__2(Object param)     at Microsoft.Office.Excel.WebUI.ExcelWebRenderer.ExecuteWebEventHandler(CoreWebEventHandler coreWebEventHandler, CoreWebEventHandler baseClassHandler, Object param) 

     

    Thank you Oren

    Tuesday, July 1, 2008 9:02 AM
  • Ok

    I fixed the problem

    1. I set all performancepoint application pools and office server application pool identities to privileged domain account

    2. I add this key in the <appSettings> section in web.config of the MOSS site collection.
    file is in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\80
    add the following key in the <appSettings> section

    <add key="Bpm.WebPartResourcePath" value="/sites/<<subsite>>/_wpresources/Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Scorecards.WebParts/3.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/" />

     

     

    Tuesday, July 1, 2008 2:12 PM
  • Hi Doren,

    I am having similar issue, could you please advise how did you managed to change OfficeServerApplicationPool identity to domain user account.
    Each time I do it reverts back to NetworkService.

    Thanks,
    Damian

    Sunday, April 5, 2009 12:47 PM