desktop won't connect to internet..keep getting error RRS feed

• Question

• My desktop will not connect to the internet, everytime I try, it asks what I would like to open this file with. I have tried using system restore, but everytime I try to open anything, it gives me the same box. I hit internet explorer and it asks permission and then just goes away. I have no idea how to begin to get around this and am wondering if I can download something from my laptop to at least recover or restore the files I need. I think it might have to do with system32/rundll32
    Saturday, July 23, 2011 3:48 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please create a new user account in case it is due to faulty user profile.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 9:46 AM

All replies

• My desktop will not connect to the internet, everytime I try, it asks what I would like to open this file with. I have tried using system restore, but everytime I try to open anything, it gives me the same box. I hit internet explorer and it asks permission and then just goes away. I have no idea how to begin to get around this and am wondering if I can download something from my laptop to at least recover or restore the files I need. I think it might have to do with system32/rundll32

Use this link :

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/899995-solved-open-box-opens-every.html

Scroll down to the reply given by Phantom010 :

quote ....
    Try this registry fix: EXEFIX
    Unzip the fix and extract the .REG file to the Desktop. Right-click the REG file and choose Merge. Note that you need to be an administrator to apply this fix.

Reboot.

If it solves your problem, I did it. If it does not, my twin brother did it.
    Saturday, July 23, 2011 5:44 PM
  • Hi,

Please create a new user account in case it is due to faulty user profile.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 9:46 AM