Windows just sits at loading mode RRS feed

• Question

• I have windows 7 home premium. When I start the laptop (asus k52F) it says windows need to be repaired with 2 options, start with recovery/ repair or start windows normal. Neither of these will work. it go es to windows starting and the screen goes black. Sometimes my mouse pointer is there. I tried to put my Factory install disc in and you hear the reader turn on and then nothing. Help!!! all my company accounting files  is on this. Please somebody answer! I cant network with the other computer, it doesn't see it I guess because it wont start all the way
    Monday, March 14, 2011 10:42 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Could you boot into Safe Mode?

Currently, I suggest you try system restore to get back to a previous good state:

Start System Restore from a command prompt

Also, backup your personal files if you can boot into Safe Mode.

If you want to boot from DVD to reinstall Windows 7, please confirm that you set boot from DVD in BIOS boot order.

Hope it helps.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Saturday, March 26, 2011 5:14 AM
    Wednesday, March 16, 2011 9:50 AM