Touchpad and headset problems RRS feed

• Question

• Not sure if this is where I should be posting this...
    But I just installed windows 7 last night and the scroll on my touchpad will not work. I can move the mouse pointer with it but the scroll has yet to work. On vista there was an icon for the touchpad on my taskbar. There isn't one in windows 7 and I can't find anything for a touchpad in the control panel.
    Second, I'm having a hard time getting my headset to read. With vista I would plug it in, a screen would pop up asking if I wanted to make it my default outbound, and I would press yes. Here, I plug it in and nothing happens. It will not work on any programs and I've tried searching for it in the device manager. When I try to find new devices, it doesn't even come up on the screen.
    Also, my laptop has buttons to turn down sound and mute. Turning the sound up and down works but muting does not.

Any help would be appreciated. I don't want to waste a free download of windows 7 but I need these to work. Otherwise I'm going back to vista
    Tuesday, October 13, 2009 3:29 PM

Answers

• You need the drivers for your lapto.  Some of the drivers for Vista will work and some of them won"t.  You need to contact the manufacturer of your laptop for the needed drivers.  Microsoft may include a basic or generic hardware driver in Windows 7, but it will not be full functioned.  Full function drivers are supplied by the laptop manufacturer.
    Tuesday, October 13, 2009 5:16 PM

All replies

• You need the drivers for your lapto.  Some of the drivers for Vista will work and some of them won"t.  You need to contact the manufacturer of your laptop for the needed drivers.  Microsoft may include a basic or generic hardware driver in Windows 7, but it will not be full functioned.  Full function drivers are supplied by the laptop manufacturer.
    Tuesday, October 13, 2009 5:16 PM
  • Could you please mention the Manufacturer and Model Number for your machine and devices ?
    Monday, November 9, 2009 10:24 PM
  • My laptop is a Dell Vostro 1500. As for the headset, it says Creative HS 400 on it. I bought it at walmart months ago. Not a big name brand or anything I don't think. But it's one that hooks into the audio ports, I think they're called. One for the mic spot, one for the headphones. I've got my touchpad working but haven't tried out the headset yet. Most people say they prefer the built in one I have so haven't bothered trying to find the proper driver download
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 1:05 AM