Display true user profile? RRS feed

• Question

• I find that some of our users do not have all the permissions of contributors even though I've apparently put their user id in the contributor's group. However, it seems our organization sometimes has muliple active directory user id profiles for individuals (we merged, some have ad-ent, othera have NOAM, and others have both). I usually just try to find all the instances I can for someone and make sure they are all in the contributors group. But sometimes even that doesn't work. There's a profile lurking out there that I did not find them under.

Is there a way I could get a report on that user? Or a report of all our sites current users? Better yet, would be some kind of form that the problem user goes to, clicks a button, and gets a user profile report that shows who they *really* are, so then I can put *that* profile in the group. Any ideas?

Dave Englund
    Monday, July 11, 2011 4:03 PM

Answers

• Or if they can go to the My Settings page for some site, that should show their "Account", which is their logon. However, I think that is redirected if they are accessing somewhere configured for MySites.
    • Marked as answer by Dave Englund Monday, July 11, 2011 7:51 PM
    Monday, July 11, 2011 6:09 PM

All replies

• Although this isn't what you're seeking, you could ask them to try to connect, and tell you the exact time when they tried and failed, and then look for the 401 error at that time in the IIS logs. If you have IIS logging username then you will have a username in that log line.
    Monday, July 11, 2011 6:07 PM
  • Or if they can go to the My Settings page for some site, that should show their "Account", which is their logon. However, I think that is redirected if they are accessing somewhere configured for MySites.
    • Marked as answer by Dave Englund Monday, July 11, 2011 7:51 PM
    Monday, July 11, 2011 6:09 PM