Error Installing Virtualization Management Server 4.5 RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello All,

I've been getting an error while installing the managment server when it tries to configure the database.  The screen says "please provide the following information about your database server", then "select the database server to be used for the Application Virtualization Management Server configuration information from the following drop down list of detected database servers"

I have SQL 2005 express installed on the system.  The choices on the drop down box under server name is (local).  When I select this option, I get an error "the installation program could not connect to the configuration data store"

Things I have checked so far:

Services:

-- SQL Server (SQLEXPRESS) is started, automatic

-- SQL server Active Directory Helper is disabled

-- SQL Server Browser is started, automatic

-- SQL Server VSS writer is started, automatic

The virtual streaming server is also installed on this system.

If anyone can offer any help, I would appreciate it!

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 1:31 PM

Answers

All replies

• Can you ensure that in the SQL network configs that TCP/IP is enabled?

mattmcdermott

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 9:14 PM
  • Also what is the virtual streaming server that you are talking about.  If you are talking about the App-V Streaming Server, they aren't really intended to be on the same box.  I am not for sure if this will break anything but definitely not the intension as teh Management server is a Streaming Server plus Publishing process.

mattmcdermott

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 9:21 PM
  • Check permissions inside SqlExpress.  The installer user's windows account needs the equivalent of "SA" access - to be able to create new databases, etc...

This video shows me installing the Beta version of 4.5 on top of SqlExpress:

http://www.tmurgent.com/Videos/Sequencing%20With%20Tim%20Mangan/Episode%207/Episode7.htm

• Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, November 22, 2011 8:34 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Sunday, November 18, 2012 9:09 AM
    Monday, October 20, 2008 11:41 AM